Yosemite Western Artists
46th Annual Tri-County Exhibition
May 8 – June 22, 2018
1653 North Schnoor, Suite 113, Madera, CA 93637
Painting, Watercolor, Pastel, Drawing, Fiber, Mixed Media and Sculpture
Join Yosemite Western Artists for our most important annual art exhibition and art competition of the year.
Call to Artists Entry for the YWA 46th Annual Tri-County Exhibitions are now closed!
YWA 46th ANNUAL COMPETITION and EXHIBITION PROSPECTUS
Circle Gallery at the Madera County Arts Council, May 8 – June 22, 2018
1653 North Schnoor Avenue, Suite 113, Madera, CA 93637
Best of Show – $100. People’s Choice – $50. First Place in each category – $50 plus ribbon. Ribbons awarded for 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention. Awards will be presented at the Opening Reception on May 10, 2018.
- Painting, drawing, fiber, mixed media and sculpture must be original work by the artist(s). Copies of work by other artists in any media are not permitted. Examples of non-original work: a copy of Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, an art quilt based on an Ansel Adams photograph of Half Dome, a sculpture copy of Frederic Remington’s Bronco Buster, etc. Any copies of the artist’s own work, for example a giclée of a watercolor, will not be accepted.
- Artwork must have been completed within the last three years. Work shown in previous Tri-County shows will not be accepted.
- This is a juried art competition, work selected for the exhibit is the final decision of the YWA Exhibit Committee.
- This is a judged exhibit and awards are the final decision of the judges.
- Categories are Painting (Oil and Acrylic), Watercolor, Pastel, Drawing, Fiber, Mixed Media, and Sculpture. Sculpture includes all three-dimensional work, including but not limited to metal, ceramic, glass and wood.
- Maximum overall size 30” x 40”. Minimum size 8” x 10 “. Sculpture (3-D) must include podium or other display case or stand. Fiber works must be hangable.
- A minimum of 5 entries in a category is required for a category to receive monetary awards. Categories may be combined for judging purposes at the discretion of the Exhibit Committee. Names of judges will be made public after judging is complete.
- All painting, drawing and 2-D mixed media must be framed and be strung with wire for hanging in the upper third of the frame. No saw tooth hangers. All frames must be in good condition.
- Each accepted artwork must be properly identified with a completed information form attached to the back of the artwork. The information form will be included in the acceptance email and will also be available for download from the YWA website.
A 30% commission to Circle Gallery applies for sales. No work may be removed during the exhibit unless sale is contingent upon possession. Liability: All entries will be handled with the utmost care but YWA and co-sponsors will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any entry from any cause whatsoever, including transportation, fire, storage, showing, or theft.
Non-Members: $25 per entry, YWA Members $15 per entry. Non-members may join YWA and receive the member discount. Entry fees must be paid online, using PayPal or Credit Card at: http://www.yosemitewesternartists.com/index.php/tricounty/. Those wanting to pay entry fees using cash or personal check will have one opportunity to do so (see Physical Submission of Entries below). You must pay for your entry before submitting it. Your receipt will be required for proof of payment. There is no limit to the number of entries from an artist. Remember, this is a juried exhibit with a limited number of works that will be accepted for the exhibit.
Submission of Entries
Submission of artwork for jurying is by digital photographs in the JPEG file format. Email entries will be accepted from now through midnight, Monday, April 23, 2018. There will be no extension of this deadline. We appreciate you submitting your entries early. Entry emails must have in the subject line: Tri-County Entry and the category, i.e. Tri-County Entry Painting – Acrylic. In the body of the email you must include: Title, Size, Category, Artist’s Name, Mailing Address, Daytime Phone Number, Retail Price, Copy of receipt for payment of your entry fee. Image(s) of each work in the category must be in the JPEG format and attached to the email. The JPEG images should not be over 1440 pixels down the longest side and not exceed 1 Megabyte (MB) in size. Title each JPEG image with your name and category, for example: Tom Jones Painting Acrylic 01. If you are entering more than one category, use a separate email for each category. Email your images to email@example.com. You may email questions about your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Submission of Entries
If you prefer, you have the option of bringing your artwork to the Gertrude School, 41772 Road 600, Ahwahnee, CA 93601 on SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. YWA will photograph your artwork at NO CHARGE for your Tri-County Entry. Entry forms will be available for artists to fill out. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card at that time. If you wish to take advantage of this option, you must email email@example.com to get a time slot for having your entry photographed on SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2018 at the Gertrude School. It is recommended that artwork not be behind glass when YWA photographs it. Photography of the artwork is only for providing JPEG images for Tri-County Entries. No other use will be made of the images. Every effort will be made to faithfully photograph the artwork for the Tri-County entries but YWA assumes no responsibility for the quality of the photographs.
Selection of Art
All entries, whether submitted online or at the Gertrude School, will be juried by their digital photographs. Artists will be notified by email of work selected for the exhibit by April 25, 2018. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list to assure our email is delivered to you. YWA will not be responsible for email that is not received by the artist. A list of accepted work will be posted on the YWA website on April 25, 2018 at: http://www.yosemitewesternartists.org/tricounty. If you see, on the website, that your work has been selected and you have not received a confirmation email, please, email email@example.com immediately.
Intake of Art
Work selected by the YWA Exhibit Committee must be delivered to the Circle Gallery in Madera, California by the artist or their designee. It may be delivered on Tuesday May 1st through Wednesday May 3rd from 10 AM to 6 PM. All works dropped off must have the acceptance form attached to the back of the artwork.
Thursday, May 10, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the Circle Gallery.
Pickup of Unsold Art
Saturday, June 23rd 10 AM to 2 PM and Tuesday, June 26th 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM at the Circle Gallery in Madera, California. There is no storage available. Pickup of unsold work is the responsibility of the artist. With written permission from the artist, work may be picked up by a designee of the artist. Neither the YWA Exhibit Committee nor the Circle Gallery are responsible for work not picked up after Tuesday, June 26, 2018.