Yosemite Western Artists
46th Annual Tri-County Exhibition
May 3rd – June 30th, 2018
YWA Gallery at the Chris Sorensen Studio
2223 South Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721
Photography • Printmaking • Digital Art
Join Yosemite Western Artists for our most important annual art exhibition and art competition of the year.
Call to Artists Entry for the YWA 46th Annual Tri-County Exhibits are now closed!
YWA 46th ANNUAL COMPETITION and EXHIBITION PROSPECTUS
YWA Gallery at the Chris Sorensen Studio, May 3 – June 30, 2016
2223 South Van Ness Avenue, Fresno, CA 93721
Best of Show – $100. People’s Choice – $50. First Place in each category – $50 plus ribbon. Ribbons awarded for 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention. Awards will be presented at the Opening Reception on May 3, 2018.
- Photographs and prints must be original work by the artist(s).
- Artwork must have been completed within the last three years. Work shown in previous Tri-County shows will not be accepted.
- This is a juried art competition, work selected for the exhibit is the final decision of the YWA Exhibit Committee.
- This is a judged exhibit and awards are the final decision of the judges.
- Categories for Photography: Black and White, Color. Other categories: Digital Art, Printmaking. Printmaking includes but is not limited to woodcuts, lithographs, and silkscreen prints.
- Maximum overall size 30” x 40”. Minimum size 8” x 10.“
- A minimum of 5 entries in a category is required for a category to receive monetary awards. Categories may be combined for judging purposes at the discretion of the Exhibit Committee. Names of judges will be made public after judging is complete.
- All work must be framed and be strung with wire for hanging in the upper third of the frame. No saw tooth hangers. All frames must be in good condition.
- Each accepted artwork must be properly identified with a completed information form attached to the back of the artwork. The information form will be included in the acceptance email and will also be available for download from the YWA website.
A 30% commission to YWA applies for sales. No work may be removed during show unless sale is contingent upon possession. Liability: All entries will be handled with the utmost care but YWA and co-sponsors will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any entry from any cause whatsoever, including transportation, fire, storage, showing, or theft.
Non-Members: $25 per entry, YWA Members $15 per entry. Non-members may join YWA and receive the member discount. Entry fees must be paid online, using PayPal or Credit Card at: http://www.yosemitewesternartists.com/index.php/tricounty-print/. Those wanting to pay entry fees using cash or personal check will have one opportunity to do so (see Physical Submission of Entries below). You must pay for your entry before submitting it. Your receipt will be required for proof of payment. There is no limit to the number of entries from an artist. Remember, this is a juried exhibit with a limited number of works that will be accepted for the exhibit.
Submission of Entries
Submission of artwork for jurying is by email. Email entries will be accepted from now through midnight, Monday, April 23, 2018. There will be no extension of this deadline. We appreciate you submitting your entries early. Entry emails must have in the subject line: Tri-County Entry and the category, i.e. Tri-County Entry Photography-Color. In the body of the email you must include: Title, Size, Category, Artist’s Name, Mailing Address, Daytime Phone Number, Retail Price, Copy of receipt for payment of your entry fee. Image(s) of each work in the category must be in the JPEG format and attached to the email. The JPEG images should not be over 1440 pixels down the longest side and not exceed 1 Megabyte (MB) in size. Title each JPEG image with your name and category, for example: Tom Jones Photo BW 01. If you are entering more than one category, use a separate email for each category. Email your images to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may email questions about your entry to email@example.com.
Selection of Art
Artists will be notified by email of work selected for the exhibit by April 25, 2018. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list to assure our email is delivered to you. YWA will not be responsible for email that is not received by the artist. A list of accepted work will be posted on the YWA website on April 25, 2018 at: http://www.yosemitewesternartists.org/tricounty-print. If you see, on the website, that your work has been selected and you have not received a confirmation email, please, email email@example.com immediately.
Intake of Artwork
Work selected by the YWA Exhibit Committee must be delivered to Chris Sorensen Studio on Saturday, April 28th from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Thursday, May 3, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Chris Sorensen Studio.
Pickup of Unsold Art
Monday, July 2, 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Chris Sorensen Studio.
There is no storage available. Pickup of unsold work is the responsibility of the artist. With a written permission, work may be picked up by a designee of the artist. Neither the YWA Exhibit Committee nor Sorensen Studio are responsible for work not picked up.